Philadelphia, PA – April 1, 2015
Wednesday April 1, 2015
10:00-11:16 A.M. (76 minutes)
- Sixers Ambassador of Basketball World B. Free
- Sixers mascot Franklin
- Members of the Sixers Phlight Squad
- 25 fifth grade students participating in the Independence Blue Cross Healthy Futures Initiative
Drexel Neumann Academy
1901 Potter Street
Chester, PA 19013
The Philadelphia 76ers and Independence Blue Cross Foundation (Foundation) will bring Sixers Ambassador of Basketball, mascot Franklin, and members of the high-flying Sixers Phlight Squad to Chester’s Drexel Neumann Academy for a 76-minute basketball and fitness clinic as part of the Foundation’s Healthy Futures Initiative.
The clinic will feature different fitness activities for the kids and personalized basketball skills training and tips for maintaining healthy lifestyles.
Healthy Futures focuses on three components of healthy living — “Eat Right,” “Get Fit” and “Stay Well” — each brought to life in area schools through partnerships with national and regional leaders with expertise in nutrition, fitness and preventative health care. Launched in August 2013, Healthy Futures now offers programming in 25 regional schools, directly impacting more than 1,000 students and their families. The initiative is a three-year, nearly $3 million comprehensive, collaborative approach to combating obesity and improving childhood wellness in Southeastern Pennsylvania.
For more information, please contact Sixers Public Relations at 215-339-7666.
About the Independence Blue Cross Foundation:
The Independence Blue Cross Foundation is a charitable, private foundation, whose mission is leading solutions for a healthier community. The Foundation targets the following areas of impact:
- Securing the Blue Safety Net:Achieving sustainability of the regional safety net by building capacity in health centers.
- Bolstering the Health Care Workforce:Advancing the education and professional development of nurses and nurse leaders.
- Addressing Health Priorities:Addressing national health trends locally through community-driven research.
- Building Healthy Communities:Driving wellness by targeting specific and diverse community health needs.
Independence Blue Cross