Welcome to In Focus!
In Focus is a platform for the Independence Blue Cross Foundation (Foundation) to share personal stories of our partners and grantees, update you on new initiatives and programs, and highlight the work we do every day to improve the health and wellness of our neighborhoods. We invite you to follow our blog and share your thoughts.
About the Independence Blue Cross Foundation
The Foundation is a charitable, private foundation, whose mission is leading solutions for a healthier community. The Foundation targets the following areas of impact:
- Securing the Blue Safety Net: Achieving sustainability of the regional safety net by building capacity in health centers.
- Bolstering the Health Care Workforce: Advancing the education and professional development of nurses and nurse leaders.
- Addressing Health Priorities: Addressing national health trends locally through community-driven research.
- Building Healthier Communities: Driving wellness by targeting specific and diverse community health needs.
Subscribe to In Focus
- National Volunteer Month: A volunteer shares her story
- Launching the Nation’s Third Nurse Practitioner Residency Program
- The Future of Nursing Scholars Program: Paving the Way for the Next Generation of Nurse Educators
- Support Your Community This Spring with Outdoor Activities in Philadelphia
- Meet Some of Our 2016 Nurse Interns